In both business and ministry, you have some unique opportunities. In business, you may have a training program, product or service that can be highlighted through publications or presentations. The same may be the same with your ministry’s training or development tools, even sermons or Bible studies. Do not overlook such opportunities.
Publish what you have to offer:
- Books/ Workbooks
- E-zines/ E-Newsletters
- Podcasts/ MP3/ iTunes
- Webcasts/ Video
Present what you have to offer:
- Workshop/ Seminar Presentations
- Keynote Speaking Engagements
- Public Speaking with Industry or Sector Networks
- Skype or Live Chat
Beyond the potential economic benefits, these provide your business or ministry with an opportunity to do some beneficial things such as:
- Expand audience beyond immediate or current audience
- Increase credibility in local and regional areas as well as in the online community
- Heighten the visibility of your business or ministry online and otherwise
The benefits of publishing and presenting far outweigh the drawbacks. Develop a plan to schedule presentations to local groups via a letter of introduction and a brief brochure designed around what you have to offer. I highly suggest that you research templates and samples from others in your industry in order to get some ideas of how to design and format such a brochure. Another possibility would be to work with local students in a graphic design or business marketing course.