Social networking is still the fastest-growing active social media behaviour online, increasing from 36% of global Internet users to 59% managing their profile on a monthly basis by the end of 2011…Facebook has 845 million active users – http://thesocialskinny.com/100-more-social-media-statistics-for-2012/
Recently, the world’s largest social network made news when it released an initial public offering to become a publicly traded stock. That’s not the big news. The big news has more to do with the potential that lies within social networking as well as social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. That’s the big news for those who proclaim the Good News.
Use Facebook for your ministry. Set up a profile. Find friends online. Share the profile link via email with your ministry members or congregants. Add the link to your Facebook to your email signature or link the Facebook button to your website or blog.
Here are some simple strategies for Facebook usage for ministry:
- Post upcoming events and invite ‘friends of friends’
- Share inspirational verses and passages through status updates
- Upload photos from events like mission trips or church outreach activities
- Start Facebook groups for prayer, Bible study or salvation Q&A
- Set up a fan page for members to get updated information on church or ministry activities
Facebook has a lot of potential. Use it to your advantage to advance the gospel. Spread the Good News throughout cyberspace by using Facebook as a steward of the Good News.